How to protect workbook with Matrix dongle
The DoneEx XCell Compiler uses both approaches for excel workbook copy protection: software based Registration And Licensing Tool and hardware dongles (USB-sticks).
Here is the solution which was made in cooperation with Matrix:
- Download and install the DoneEx XCell Compiler.
- Compile the Excel workbook (XLS file), the result is a MS Excel file in the EXE format.
- Download the Matrix Mx-Crypt tool.
- Extract and install the Mx-Crypt tools. You can copy these tools to a memory stick or any data storage.
- Start Mx-Crypt, load the Excel-EXE-file and click the “crypt” button – encrypt the EXE, linked with the Matrix dongle. Since you don’t have a dongle, this is the only test.
- Now you need the USB License Dongles. Matrix recommends the type MLU-60.
Here is the Matrix price list. For any license you need one dongle.
- You can make your own customized license arrangement in consideration of all future possibilities and updates. With the protection of secret operational data or the prevention of the unauthorized data manipulation you receive the higher level of protection.
- It is possible to link many files to one dongle license.
- You can set up to 79 additional 10-digit keys in a dongle memory.
- Your license allows to copy the protected spreadsheets to various computers but only the computer with the dongle has a valid license.
- The dongles work on any computer; just plug and play without software installation or drivers.
For both, XCell Compiler as well as Mx-Crypt, the free Trial versions are available.
For XCell you need to buy the license which meets your requirements, for Mx-Crypt as many dongles as you need for your licenses.