XCell Compiler offers very easy and hassle free excel workbook copy protection. You don’t need to have programming experience to accomplish professional copy protection of your excel file. XCell Compiler is royalty free! With only a single copy of the software you can protect unlimited number of your excel files with no additional investments. You don’t need any additional hardware like dongles or hardware keys.
You can achieve following features when you use ‘Registration/Licensing’ facility of XCell Compiler.
- Hardware locking! Lock your excel application to target computer.
- Excel application copy protection, illegal copying from one computer to another.
- Simple and effective protection procedure, no need for additional programming.
- Protect excel application from reverse engineering and analyzing.
- Evaluation (trial) version feature, Easily create demo version of your excel application, with date limitations.
- Limited license feature, rent or lease your excel application by setting the license expiration period.
- License extension feature, your client can now easily extend his limited license before it expires.
Let’s take an example, how to achieve the registration and hardware locking process.
- Compile the Sample.xls workbook with the ‘Copy Protection with registration key’ and ‘Hardware locking’ selected as shown on image.
- If the “Copy Protection with registration key” is enabled then the “Limit application usage period” is inaccessible. In this case the date limit for compiled workbook can be set during regkey generation (see below).
- Compile the application ‘sample’. After compilation it should create a Sample.exe file on C:\0\ folder.
- Let us assume you or your customer ran the Sample.exe file. A message will appear like the image below.
This means that without registration key generated for exactly this EXE file this application will not start.
So, let’s create registration key for this application and specific computer ID.
Select in Excel menu ‘DoneEx >>XCell Compiler >> Registration Key Tool’ item.
The menu item will open the Registration Key tool form.
- Browse to the C:\0\Sample.exe for ‘Path to compiled Exe’.
- Put customer name and customer email address on the boxes.
- Now the most important information is the computer id, please copy-paste or type the customer computer id .
- You can put also the date restriction on the registration file by choosing the ‘Limit application usage period’.
- When you will click the ‘Create RegKey’ button, it will create ‘sample.rkey’ in the same directory where Sample.exe file is locating.
- You can send sample.rkey to your customer, so that the sample.exe will run only in his computer.
This way you can protect your excel application from illegal copying from one computer to another.